*Quick Note: Hourigan’s Dairy Farm recently renamed their farm to “Half Full Dairy” – it’s the same farm…just a new name!
- Meet the Hourigan’s herd of Holstein dairy cows
- Learn about crops grown on the farm: hay, corn, soybeans, and more
- Discover what life is like on a working farm
- Explore the fields that supply fresh produce to Bailiwick Market and Café
- For Purchase! Locally Made Bailiwick ice cream and pumpkins
- Say hello to the Dairy Princesses
Half Full Dairy (formerly known as Hourigan’s Dairy Farm) is home to 1200 milking-age Holsteins and 1200 calves. In addition, Half Full Dairy also grows corn, soybeans, wheat, and hay crops. The farm employs 42 people.
Half Full Dairy produces A-2 milk for Byrne Dairy. Byrne Dairy discovered that many individuals have trouble digesting regular milk, which contains both A-1 and A-2 proteins. But most people can handle milk that only contains the A-2 protein.
The Hourigan family also runs the Bailiwick Market & Café, employing 30 people. At the market and café, you’ll find produce grown at the farm: from pumpkins to sweet corn, green beans to sunflowers, plus other locally sourced food.